- The System Architect is responsible for the development of the overall system solution in line with customer needs, project deliverables and technology development roadmap.
System Architecture/Solution Design
- Lead and Develop System Architecture Design based on the system requirements, working closely with each of the R&D teams to develop feasible solutions.
- Perform technical design analysis of technology and product solutions from concept to implementation level.
- Define system specifications for any sub system components required for Automated Fusion Parking solutions ensuring interface specifications are defined.
- Interface with the customer for R&D innovation/solution concepts/RFQs, translate user functions into required architecture & cascade internally on required sub system.
- Coordinate/Liaise on the technical solution with other relevant entities ie. Other product lines, R&D groups, technology partners
- Interface and co-ordinate with validation & test groups to ensure the validation of the system architecture is defined
- Ensure systems are developed with reference to economical targets and are aligned to overall product development roadmap.
- Ensure the compatibility of system solution to system hardware/software ie. data bandwidth, latencies, cpu/memory resources – through detailed design analysis and planning /allocation of resources to functions.
- Perform engineering assessment of all internal and external change requests made to the project and translation of these into specific system architecture updates.
- Participate in general software, hardware & product design reviews, problem resolution, fmea analysis.
- Research, Design and Development Automated Parking solutions and necessary sub system components
- Research, Design and Development of component solutions in conjunction with research teams in various sensor technologies including but not limited to – vision,ultrasonics, radar…etc.
- Develop proof of concept solutions within a team environment
- Understand the technology trends to converse with internal and external customers and give guidance in terms of roadmap development
- Participate in, contribute to or lead technical communication with customers and technology suppliers
- Liaise with technology suppliers to ensure up to date knowledge of leading edge and emerging technology
- Lead System design activities for the project generating the required work products in conformance to Customer development methodology
- Participate in Project Teams and report on System Development activities as appropriate
- Complete scheduled tasks within assigned projects to deliver System Development output to the project team as per agreed timing plan
- Ensure all systems work products are baselined & managed through the Configuration Management & Change Control processes.
- Carry out all work to comply with Quality Management System
- Degree in Software, Electronic, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Masters or PhD level qualification level preferred
- Min 5 years experience with hardware or software design in electronic product development environment
- Microprocessor and/or Multicore SoC embedded development Experience
- Experience is automotive industry will be an advantage
- Vision Competence Center in Ireland: from time to time Customers visits
- German License B
- English (fluent)
- German (C1+ preferred) an advantage
If you can offer the theoretical knowledge necessary for a position as a System Architect and you can see yourself in our job offer, then we look forward to receiving your application.