- Improve actively and continuously performance of worldwide suppliers.
- Expert for certain manufacturing technologies responsible for assessing and developing suppliers that are strategic for the category (selection, classification, supplier development, supplier release).
- Performs Technical Assessments, VDA6.3, Product Safety Audits of new supplier in the category.
- Responsible to improve and ensure compliance of global supplier portfolio with Quality Standards and Requirements (ISO/TS 16949/ ISO 14001/QMPP/Corporate Responsibility)
- Lead function for strategic category supplier development activities: Establish measures and timeline for the suppliers to be developed together with the SQDs and ensure consistent execution of actions (monitoring and tracking).
- Drives and executes implementation of improvement measures at suppliers to reduce rejects, re-work, scrap and thus improving quality and reducing costs.
- Leads quality related task-force activities for critical suppliers in escalation process.
- Assess and improve supplier technology related Q-Problems upon request of SQD for series suppliers.
- Willingness to travel 30%-40%
- Analytical skills
- Responsibility & Reliability
- Self Management (Targets, Time, Content) and Teamwork
- Interpersonal & Intercultural Competence
- Persistence & Assertiveness
- Master Degree in Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent
- German & English – fluent
- Min. 5 years of professional experience as supplier quality developer or process engineer (preferably in the automotive or machine building industry)
- Product and manufacturing technology know-how in the specific Category Stamping/Machining/Forging
- Know-how and Experience in analyzing and optimizing the Category specific processes
- Experience in applying the suited quality- and problem-solving methods and tools
- Experience in VDA2 and Project Management
- ISO/TS16949; IATF16949, VDA 6.3 (cert. of an auditor qualification e.g., based on EOQ systems) and PSA Audit Know-How
- Lean Manufacturing and Robust Process know-how (5-S, TPM, Poka-Yoke,…)
- Negotiation Skills
If you can offer the theoretical knowledge necessary for a position as a Supplier Development Engineer Sheet Metal Forging and you can see yourself in our job offer, then we look forward to receiving your application.