- Design and develop mechanical parts and systems while working closely with electromagnetic, manufacturing and power electronics engineers.
- Design and develop electric machines and mechanical power transmission components.
- Design plastics, sheet metal, and castings for electric vehicle drive systems. Conduct thermal and mechanical modelling and testing of systems and components.
- Validate components and prototypes in bench and vehicle configurations.
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineers and various suppliers to transition concepts to production.
- Utilize understanding of materials and manufacturing processes to collaborate with various suppliers and other internal team members. Use CAD modelling techniques to design and develop electric machines and mechanical components for testing and manufacturing.
- Create 3D CAD and 2D drawings for castings, gears, shafts, bearings, stators, rotors and assemblies using Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Mentor junior engineers and interns
- Hands-on progressive experience in the job offered or in mechanical engineering for automotive applications.
- Good experience in the job offered or in mechanical engineering for automotive applications.
- CAD modelling experience with plastics and metal parts
- CATIA V5 and/or 3DEXPERIENCE experience with complex parts and assemblies
- Dimensional drawings with expertise in ANSI Y14.5 GD&T
- Experience generating dynamometer test requirements and performing data analysis preferred
- Detail oriented personality with solid documentation and reporting skills
- Proficient in English
If you can offer the theoretical knowledge necessary for a position as a Mechanical Designer Engineer and you can see yourself in our job offer, then we look forward to receiving your application.