During Product Development:
- Surveys technologies and proposes roadmaps to project teams, supports the design teams during the component specification and selection : collects needs from P2/P1 teams, organises meetings with suppliers, exchanges with group components experts, set up roadmaps for specific components related to his/her PL,
- Pushes for component standardization: is perfectly aware about group standardization rules: supplier panels, preferential lists, design checker rules, customer general specification, … Deploys these rules and push for standardisation in his/her PL : supplier selections, automotive series, customer preferential lists, dual sourcing, etc…
- In the BOM reviews:identifies and asses the risks: not qualified, not automotive, single source, or end of life parts, new suppliers. Proposes and follow-up the risks mitigation plans and the standardization plans. Tracks monthly the qualification rate of the components and set an alert if a risk of delay is foreseen.
- Contributes to qualification of electronic components for his/her PL: Helps project teams to well specify their needs (APSS, specific requirements), Completes qualifications by analysing PPAPs and leading additional qualification tasks if needed : specific qual-plans, technological analyses, reviews at suppliers (qual, design, test), Records and maintains updated qualification data in customer database (PLM).
- Supports requalifications incase of component changes (PCN): Participates to the PCN monthly reviews, estimates risks and proposes qualification plans, leads Product qualifications in his/her PL in connection with P0 manager.
- Supports SQA incase of major component quality issues: Is in solved in QRQC process, contributes to establish Lessons Learn Cards for generic issues (cross-fertilization)
In any case:
- Applies and deploys the components related procedures: is perfectly aware about all components related specifications and procedures (General specifications, qualification, BOM reviews,…) and trains project teams to these procedures.
- Updates the customer Components databases: records all the qualification data in the customer PLMComponents database and maintains updated qualification status. Links new sources to existing family qualifications (generic PQP) when it is relevant. Support PL SQA in case of SRM PQA process linked to a component.
- Engineering diploma in Electronics, Quality, or Physics
- > 5 years as Component Engineer
- English (read, spoken and written)
- Technical curiosity, Likes the challenges
If you can offer the theoretical knowledge necessary for a position as a Component Engineer and you can see yourself in our job offer, then we look forward to receiving your application.